Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Subliminal Racism

The GOP effing scares me.
Apparently Palin is preaching to the choir, and with the mob mentality, someone yelled "Kill him" when speaking about Obama. And the woman did nothing.
So we want to get a petition out decrying the hate speech.
Hilary wrote a pretty good one. But I feel funny about having it published though. Should they be the ones to write it, or should I?
Am I assigned the duty because I am The Minority?
Do I automatically know more about racism or can feel more connected to it because I am a Minority?
I've never been racially profiled, or been victim of a hate crime or been called a derogatory name for my ethnicity. So do I score a few points lower on the Minority scale. Am I a bit more white that way?
Maybe I should email Carmen of racialicious and ask her advice. This is weirding me out.
I read the petition, and it is good.
But I guess good in a CNN kind of way. Satisfactory, but not truly calling out on bs.
I would really like to improve upon it though.

No comments: